The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Compliance Team as a DE Underwriter. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position will focus on the coordination, processing, and underwriting for the Retail Lending line of business within Northpointe Bank. The ability to keep abreast on financial industry laws and regulations while providing regulatory expertise is essential. The Loan Coordinator / Underwriter will evaluate loan risk by verifying loan application information against agency / investor guidelines and standards, ensuring all necessary documentation is within the file for the decision to be made.
- Determining the borrowers / loans eligibility through a thorough review of the credit, capacity and collateral.
- Verification that each application meets the technical requirements of any of of the following organizations that may apply: Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD, USDA, Private Mortgage Insurance Company’s and the Banks secondary market investors.
- Working knowledge of automated underwriting programs (DU/LP/GUS).
- Review and audit pre-closing mortgage loan file.
- Post close review and shipment of closed FHA loans to HUD for Mortgage Insurance Certificates.
- Work with Purchase clients to ensure that conditions are met.
- Completing and properly documenting applications resulting in adverse action or denials.
- Assist processing on ordering pre-closing documentation such as appraisal, title, verifications etc.
- Meet or exceed closed loan goals per month with no errors.
- Proven experience as a Sr. Processor or Underwriter – 2 to 5 years ideally. Direct Endorsement (DE) is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of various investors and underwriting guidelines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpretive, and decision-making skills to identify, evaluate, and resolve issues/cases.
- Professional demeanor, effective interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individual/customers.
- Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct department functions.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual’s qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
- Life, LTD, & AD&D
- Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
- Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
- Complimentary Banking Services
- Tuition Assistance
AA – EOE
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AS FOLLOWS:
3333 Deposit Drive SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
*Northpointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer