The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Compliance Team as a Loan Closer. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position will focus on preparing closing packages, instructions, disbursement/booking sheets, disbursing funds and balancing general ledger accounts on all conforming and non-conforming assigned loan packages. The loan closer will conduct comprehensive reviews of all loan packages released for Loan Processing in order to ensure that loans are closed and disbursed in accordance with Loan Policy. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: working closely with the title companies, brokers, attorneys and real estate agents to ensure smooth closing transactions, periodically perform duties and responsibilities of the Mortgage Loan Processor position.
- Enter loans into loan documentation system – LaserPro (Fannie Mae deals).
- Order closing documents
- Prepare additional closing documents, including closing instructions and settlement statement.
- Review title commitment and underwriting findings to verify all requirements have been completed.
- Order and prepare any required documents necessary for the loan to close in compliance.
- Review closing documents for accuracy.
- Setup the closing with the customer and title company.
- Update the settlement statement (HUD) prior to closing and fax updated disclosures as needed.
- Clear any funding requirements from investor before receiving funding from investor.
- Prepare and track closed loan packages from title company.
- Send closed loan package in correct stacking order to the investor and track the loan online for verification of funding (Countrywide loans only).
- Transmit loans online; mail necessary documents in order for funding to be received within established timeframe (FannieMae loans only).
- Update Pipeline Management System daily.
- Proven experience as a Closer – 2 to 5 years ideally.
- Thorough knowledge of various investors and closing guidelines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpretive, and decision-making skills to identify, evaluate, and resolve issues/cases.
- Professional demeanor, effective interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individual/customers.
- Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct department functions.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual’s qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
- Life, LTD, & AD&D
- Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
- Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
- Complimentary Banking Services
- Tuition Assistance
AA – EOE
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AS FOLLOWS:
3333 Deposit Drive SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
*Northpointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer