If you received a text message on your mobile phone or you received an email informing you that you have money waiting, please see Picking Up Money to get your money or go to Popmoney.com from there, click on “Pickup Money”. You’ll be asked to enter the email address or mobile number where you received the notification. After that just follow the instructions on how to get money into your bank account.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the new Popmoney
- What is Popmoney?
Use Popmoney to pay anyone you know, or owe – it’s the easy way to send and receive money directly from your Northpointe Bank account. Pay your rent or send money to your kids away at college – it’s safe and secure and all you need is an email address or mobile phone number.
- What’s the most important thing I should know about the new Popmoney?
The upgraded Popmoney will be even easier for you AND your friends and family to use. You’ll enjoy a better, more powerful user experience, as will your friends and family who use the upgraded popmoney.com. Most exciting of all, your person-to-person payment network just got significantly bigger – now the combined ZashPay® and Popmoney personal-payment network includes 1,400 U.S. financial institutions. It’s easier for you and easier for your friends and family to send and receive money safely and securely in just a few simple steps.
- What do I have to do if I currently use the personal payment services?
Nothing! As a current user, you will be automatically upgraded to Popmoney. You may continue to use the service with no interruptions. You will access Popmoney within your online bill payment center like you always have. However, the tab name will change from “Pay People” to “Popmoney”.
- With your previous service, some of my friends and family who banked outside the “network” had to go to zashpay.com. What will this mean for them with the new Popmoney?
People who do not use a bank or credit union in the Popmoney network can use the Popmoney service at the upgraded popmoney.com.* There, they can send and receive money just as you do here at Northpointe Bank. Those who have already enrolled at zashpay.com will be directed to go to popmoney.com after the upgrade. Those users will have to update their username, but their password will remain the same. All other information will carry over.More good news – it will be easier than ever for your friends and family to get the money you send. They can use the “Quick Deposit” feature to deposit the payment without going through the full enrollment process. If they choose to enroll so they can send money as well, they will no longer be required to enter their social security number. You can even send money directly to a financial institution account, so your recipient doesn’t have to do anything. *Terms and conditions apply
- If I was a previous user, will my existing contacts and payment history still be available?
Yes, all history and contact info will be accessible after the upgrade.
- What are the new features?
The upgraded Popmoney will offer several new features. You will now be able to:
- Personalize your gift payments with an e-greeting template
- Set up future-dated payments and recurring payments
- Import contacts from popular email services (such as Hotmail®, Yahoo!® ,Gmail®)- Send money using an account number, in addition to using an email address or mobile number
- Add multiple email addresses and mobile numbers for any contact
- Respond to all Popmoney activity, including depositing payments and paying requests, from a central dashboard, or “To Do List”
- Receive money by simply verifying an email address or mobile phone number (without formally enrolling)
- Access the largest person-to-person payment network for financial institutions, with 1,400 participating banks and credit unions.
- How secure is Popmoney?
From the moment information is sent to Popmoney to the time it is stored and accessed again, it is encrypted using industry leading software, hardware and algorithms. Security is also utilized at specific points and actions in the product. For example, to help prevent an unauthorized person from fraudulently depositing someone else’s payment, one-time passcodes are used. For every initial payment to a new email address or mobile phone number, a one-time passcode is sent to the user. The user must provide that passcode back to Popmoney to verify his “ownership” of that mobile number or email address before he can deposit the payment.
- How fast can I send and receive money with Popmoney?
With Popmoney, a recipient can receive money in as little as one business day. However, in some cases it may take longer. For example, if you send an email or mobile payment and the recipient is not yet registered for Popmoney, he/she must sign up for the service so that we have their account information to deposit their payment. Also, if you exceed your next-day payment limits, then we will deliver payments within three business days. Limits can and will vary and can be checked by clicking the Help icon on the Send Money screen.
- How will payment limits be handled under the upgraded service?
Limits may vary by user and financial institution. Limits apply to the amount you can send per transaction, per day and per month, as well as to total outstanding payments. You can always check your limits by going to the “Send Money” screen within the Popmoney service and clicking on the “Help” icon next to the “Amount” field.
- Will I be paying any fees?
Fees won’t be changed at the time of the upgrade. You will receive the upgraded features for the same fee you pay to send money today.