If you’re having difficulty making your home loan payments, we’re here to help. Please contact a loan payment assistance specialist as soon as possible to find the best solution to your individual situation.

866-347-8103 x1001

Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm ET

Learn more about your options

There are a number of options that can help if you’ve fallen behind on house payments. Contact one of our loan payment assistance specialists to learn more about what will work best for your specific situation.

Staying in your home

A repayment plan sets a fixed amount of time to repay the amount you are behind by adding a portion of the past due total to your regular payment. This option may be appropriate if you’ve only missed a small number of payments.

A loan modification permanently changes one or more of the terms of your home loan to make your payments more manageable for you. Modifications may include reducing the interest rate, extending the term of the loan, or adding missed payments to the loan balance.

Leaving your home

A short sale may allow you to sell the property for less than the amount owed on the loan with your servicer’s approval. Based on the circumstances, the remaining
balances owed after the short sale has taken place, may be forgiven.

A deed in lieu of foreclosure means, with your servicer’s agreement, voluntarily transferring your home’s title to your servicer. Though you lose the property, a deed in lieu of foreclosure may be less damaging to your credit than a foreclosure.

The above examples are for educational purposes only and require approval by the investor of your loan.
To learn what the best solution for you, please contact a loan payment assistance specialist.

The documents listed below may be needed for Northpointe to review and decision any possible mortgage assistance options that may be available to you. To expedite this process please start gathering the documents listed below:

  • Explanation of Hardship and Documentation to Support
  • Most recent and consecutive paystubs representing four weeks of income If you are a self-employed borrower include a year to date profit and loss statement. Unemployment Benefits, Proof of Unemployment benefits or evidence of separation.
  • Two most recent years’ tax returns (including all schedules) or 4506-T.
  • 3 Months of Bank Statements (all pages) – Savings and checking all accounts and for all borrowers.

See below for a list of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies that can provide free foreclosure prevention and debt management information. These agencies may be able to provide translation or other language assistance:

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at (800) 569-4287 or www.hud.gov/counseling

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) at (855) 411-2372 or www.consumerfinance.gov/mortgagehelp